Autographed James Van Der Zee Photograph of Heavyweight Boxer Jack Johnson
This rare piece of history captures world champion boxer Jack Johnson signing documents in a photo taken by famed photographer James Van Der Zee. African American photographer James Van Der Zee (1986-1983) was known as the “Eyes of Harlem” in the 1920s and 1930s. Some 100,000 photographs are apart of his legacy. He took his first picture in 1900, when photography was relatively new. He then became a household name photographing legends such as Bill Cosby, and this famous black & white photo from 1933 of legendary heavyweight boxer Jack Johnson. Van Der Zee's signature appears in the bottom left corner of the photograph. The piece is matted and housed in a wooden frame, and is approximately 22” by 17”. John Arthur Johnson (1878-1946) referred to as Jack, was the first African American Heavyweight Boxing Champ from 1908-1915. He was nicknamed the Galveston Giant, and in Ken Burns's documentary, he wrote, “For more than thirteen years, Jack Johnson was the most famous and the most notorious African-American on Earth.”
Specifications of Piece
|Photographer:||James Van Der Zee|
|Subject:||Jack Johnson signing documents|
|Size with Frame:||22" by 17"|
|Frame:||Wooden with Matting around Photo|
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
item you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. No P.O. Box Delivery
. No APO/FPO Delivery
. Paypal Confirmed Addresses Only
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
. PayPal is accepted.
. Bank Wire is accepted for certain Items.
. Item will be shipped immediately on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
Why Buy From Us?
1. We have the largest selection of watches in the world.
2. Over 25,000 pieces in our collection! In business over 30 years!
3. Located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall and The Russian Tea Room and a block from The Plaza Hotel Trump Tower.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, PayPal, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Everything we sell comes with a lifetime guarantee certificate [unless marked final sale], a full free 2-year warranty and a free certified insurance appraisal for our estimated replacement value for insurance purposes.
Over 100 years of combined experience. We are an appraiser for the Wall Street Journal and many major insurance companies. We have been recommended by Time Out New York as well as a number of radio and TV stations here in New York City. We have over 25,000 watches including both new display and collector's models as well as vintage pieces. We handle all fine artwork, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc. We buy, sell and appraise essentially anything of value.
. Any Item which is not as described can be returned to get a full credit.
. Returns are accepted only if it arrives with in 7-days of Delivery.
110 west 57th st
new york, ny 10019
call us at