Rare Historic President Teddy Roosevelt Signed Thanksgiving Proclamation, November 24th, 1904
This rare possibly unique printed ceremonial copy of President Theodore Roosevelt's Thanksgiving Day (the first national holiday in America) Proclamation is signed by Roosevelt. Prior to the federal establishment of Thanksgiving as a set holiday, it was tradition by law that the President issued an official proclamation to inform the country of the date of Thanksgiving that year. President Theodore Roosevelt gave the speech on November 1st, 1904 and proclaimed Thursday, November 24th 1904 as that year's observed Thanksgiving holiday. The proclamation is printed on both sides of the paper in black typesetting. Roosevelt's signature is handwritten at the end of the document in black ink. As evidence of its fragility and age, the document is torn. However, the print and the signature are both completely legible. Thusly, the document is in overall good condition. A very special piece for any collector of historic documents, American history enthusiasts, and Thanksgiving collectors.
For an additional $195.00, this piece can be framed to your preferences. Please contact us for more information.BAO / NY / 03-04-16
Specifications of Document
|Document Type:||Typewritten Speech|
|Dimensions/Size:||7.75 by 13"|
|Date of Speech:||Thanksgiving, November 24th, 1904|
|Condition :||Overall Good Condition|
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
item you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. No P.O. Box Delivery
. No APO/FPO Delivery
. Paypal Confirmed Addresses Only
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
. PayPal is accepted.
. Bank Wire is accepted for certain Items.
. Item will be shipped immediately on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
Why Buy From Us?
1. We have the largest selection of watches in the world.
2. Over 25,000 pieces in our collection! In business over 30 years!
3. Located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall and The Russian Tea Room and a block from The Plaza Hotel Trump Tower.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, PayPal, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Everything we sell comes with a lifetime guarantee certificate [unless marked final sale], a full free 2-year warranty and a free certified insurance appraisal for our estimated replacement value for insurance purposes.
Over 100 years of combined experience. We are an appraiser for the Wall Street Journal and many major insurance companies. We have been recommended by Time Out New York as well as a number of radio and TV stations here in New York City. We have over 25,000 watches including both new display and collector's models as well as vintage pieces. We handle all fine artwork, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc. We buy, sell and appraise essentially anything of value.
. Any Item which is not as described can be returned to get a full credit.
. Returns are accepted only if it arrives with in 7-days of Delivery.
110 west 57th st
new york, ny 10019
call us at